Monday, February 14, 2011

Lady GaGa Grammys


He may not have won any Grammys, but teenage heartthrob Justin Bieber says, “I had a great night.”
clearpxl

Bieber had been nominated for best new artist and best pop vocal album at Sunday’s 53rd annual Grammy Music Awards, only to go home empty-handed.

But that didn’t seem to faze the 16-year-old.

"I had a great night, we performed, I got to perform with my mentor, which is amazing, and yeah, that's really all I got to say," Bieber told reporters backstage at the event.

Perhaps he was still trying to get over the excitement of performing with Usher. The teen sensation, who traded in his off-white tuxedo for an all black look on stage, began his segment strumming an acoustic guitar and singing “U Got It Bad” as the R&B singer looked on.

Bieber then pumped the volume with his “Never Say Never,” joined by “Karate Kid” star Jaden Smith. Soon after, Usher finished the set with his stomping hit “OMG.” But Bieber joined his mentor for the climax of the song, with the pair showing off some dance moves before posing together for the finish.

The Canadian-born singer lost to Lady Gaga for best pop vocal album and to jazz singer Esperanza Spalding for the best new artist award, who Bieber said after the show, “"I'm really happy for her. Hopefully she has a good year."

Usher, who signed Bieber in 2007 and has since guided his career, took the night’s loss in stride.

"I would have preferred if Justin Bieber had won best new artist, but I've been here before and didn't win, and I thought I might have won that year but didn't," he said. "But it's a testimony to continue to be an incredible artist and make great music, and he will.”

Read more: http://www.allheadlinenews.com/briefs/articles/90034374?Justin%20Bieber%20not%20fazed%20by%20losing%20Grammy%20to%20Lady%20Gaga%20and%20Esperanza%20Spalding#ixzz1DxDsEhj8

No comments:

Post a Comment